- American Chemical Society, Division of Small Chemical Business, Councilor 2006-present, Alternate Councilor, 2003-5,Chair 2002-3, Chair Elect 2000-2 Secretary 1996 -1999, Newsletter editor, 2002-present, 1999-2 Web designer and webmaster. Carbohydrate Division member,
- Committee on Economic and Professional Affairs, Member, 2011, Associate, 2010
- Committee on Technician Affairs, American Chemical Society, 2003-9
- Organized Symposium, "Biotechnology in the Service of Health", Biotechnology Secretariat, 225th National American Chemical Society Meeting, New Orleans, LA , March 25-27, 2003. 92 presentations, 11 ACS Technical Divisions, 1 Committee, $23,000 raised.
- National Science Foundation National Visiting Committee for the Project to Support Chemistry-based Technical Education under the direction of the American Chemical Society, 2001-2003.
- Iota Sigma Pi, national honor society for women in chemistry, national editor The Iotan and National Council member 1997-2002; vice-president Chlorine Chapter,1992-1996; president 1996-1998.
- Louisiana Alliance for Biotechnology, member, steering committee 1996-2003 , vice president of Board of Directors 1997 - 2003. Coordinator for 218th National ACS meeting, New Orleans, August, 1999, Symposium, "Biotechnology and Society in the New Millennium", 31 presentations involving 4 divisions and 1 committee. Funds raised >$30,000.
- American Association of University Women, program vice-president 1990-1992, president elect 1992-3, president 1993-5, Covington-Mandeville Branch, Association Nomination Committee, 1995-7, Louisiana president, 1999-2000
- National Science Foundation's (NSF) Industrial Innovation Interface (III) (Division that administers Small Business Innovation Research Grants), Member of Advisory Committee, 1989-1994
- Sigma Xi, honorary research society, 1968-present
- Covington Strategic Planning Committee and Covington 2004, 1995 - 1999
- Association of Gifted and Talented Students, 1982-1989, board member 1982-4, Covington- Mandeville Branch